Threadneedles: a luxury five-star hotel in the City of London
Threadneedles sits in the midst of London's financial heart, making it ideal for those working in The City of London, with many of the major financial institutions within walking distance. The Bank of England and Mansion House, home to the Lord Mayor of London, are just at the end of Threadneedles Street. For shopping, the hotel is close to the Royal Exchange — home to many luxury brands — while the markets of Leadenhall and Spitalfields are only a five-minute walk away.
Other nearby attractions include St Paul’s Cathedral, the Tower of London, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and Tate Modern — all within a 15-minute walk.
Threadneedles Hotel, 5 Threadneedle Street, London, EC2R 8AY, United Kingdom
For sat-nav use the post code: EC2R 8AY
- By Car: For satnav, please use the post code EC2R 8AY.
- Parking: We do not have an on-site car park, but nearby parking is available at Tower 42. At the weekend we have 10 spaces reserved within the car park for £25.00 per 24 hours.
- By Air: Heathrow Airport is a 45-minute drive away, depending on traffic. Alternatively, you can take the Heathrow Express train into London Paddington. Then follow directions on the tube (below).
- Taxi: A taxi ride from Gatwick Airport takes between 90 minutes and 2 hours, depending on traffic. The Gatwick Express train takes 40 minutes to reach London Victoria (then follow tube directions listed below). London City Airport is connected to the DLR, which will take you within 20 minutes straight from the airport to Bank tube station. Stansted Airport is about an hour's drive away. There are multiple bus companies that commute between Liverpool Street Station and Stansted airport on an hourly basis. Alternatively use the Stansted Express from Liverpool Street station (a 45-minute journey time).
- By Tube: Bank station (DLR, Central, Northern lines) is a couple of minutes' walk along Threadneedle Street. Monument (Circle, District line) Liverpool Street (Hammersmith and City, Circle, Metropolitan, Central lines) are all within a 10-minute walking distance.
- By Rail: There are 10 mainline railway stations in London, the nearest one is Liverpool Street Station which serves the Midlands, Wales, North West England and Scotland. All other stations are connected by Bank tube station.