“The Thieves of Threadneedle Street”
In honour of our history, we have created a hotel stay package for guests looking to immerse themselves in the authentic sights, tastes and sounds of the Square Mile. For the occasion we have teamed up with British writer and journalist Nicholas Booth, who has recently released his latest novel “The Thieves of Threadneedle Street”. Let Nicholas tell you the extraordinary true story of four American fraudsters who almost broke the Bank of England and take you through a guided tour of where it all happened.
Your full package itinerary includes:
- Overnight accommodation in a luxurious suite featuring a separate living area where you can kick back with a book or watch TV.
- À la carte full English breakfast for two in the hotel’s main restaurant.
- Welcome drink upon arrival.
- Private guided tour of Merchant Taylor’s Hall, one of the great twelve Livery Companies of the City of London (www.merchant-taylors.co.uk).
- Oyster shucking workshop with our Head Chef followed by Oysters & Champagne tasting in our Oyster Bar. The bar – the old banking counter – is a quintessential piece of Threadneedles’ heritage.
- Set 3 course dinner for two and a bottle of wine in the acclaimed Marco Pierre White Wheeler’s of St. James’s Grill Room. This menu has been personally designed by Marco Pierre White for this package. Signed copy of Marco’s famous cook book “White Heat”.
- Private guided tour of the Square Mile and its most important landmarks such as The Bank of England, St Paul’s Cathedral and The Old Bailey with British author Nicholas Booth; writer of “The Thieves of Threadneedle Street”.
- Champagne afternoon tea with writer Nicholas Booth in our beautiful Dome Lounge, an elaborate hand painted stained-glass dome that dates back to 1856 and towers high above the hotel lobby, flooding it in soft light.
- Exclusive lunch in the vertiginous Sky Garden (www.skygarden.london) with an expert London born architect who will explain how ancient and modern sit side by side in the financial district of the City of London.
- Signed copy of the book “The Thieves of Threadneedle Street” in your suite.
In order to make a reservation click the Book Now botton above or call us on +44(0)2076578080 or Email Us.
Terms and Conditions
- Package valid on Friday arrivals and for two nights minimum.
- Merchant Taylor’s Hall tour to take place on Friday.
- Oyster shucking workshop to take place on Friday.
- Set 3 course dinner to take place on Friday.
- Private guided tour of the Square Mile with author Nicholas Booth to take place on Saturday.
- Champagne afternoon tea with writer Nicholas Booth to take place on Saturday.
- Lunch in the Sky Garden to take place on Sunday.
- Reservations must be booked at least 28 days in advance, fully prepaid at time of booking and non-changeable, non-refundable.
- Limited number of rooms are available for this promotion.
- VAT is included.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions.
- This package is subject to availability, from £1001 per package based on two people sharing a room.